Sunday, June 22, 2008

Snake Report 06/21/08

Date: June 21, 2008 8:37:59 PM CDT
Subject: Snake Report 06/21/08

Strange how I was just talking to Sandy and John Rice about there seemed to be more snakes this year, then I went back home to 14 Canyon Ridge and saw a snake (about 2 or 3 feet long) on the patio heading for the pool ...ooooh bad....

It went into the pool and I got the pool net and tried to catch it in the water, while Beth watched. The snake came out of the pool and headed to go under our wood deck but luckily I was able to catch it in the net and take it off the patio before it went under the deck...

I thought I would take it to the pond but the snake came out of the net at the side of the Crabbs yard (13Cr) . I gave Beth the long pole with the net and asked her to try to keep it from running off and she put pressure on the snake while I went in and got a 22 pistol loaded with rat shot. I came back out and shot three times just to be sure it was dead.

Took photos and carried it out to the pond. The snake "sleeps with the fishes".....

Keep your eyes open and be careful. Watch out for snakes...
(I think this is a harmless Blotched Water Snake... but I shoot first and ask questions later ... because I'm never sure and I don't want to take a chance.)




No comments: